Who are we?
in-gr.gvcworld.eu is an official website of Global Visa Center World (henceforth referred to as “We” or “GVCW”) and is owned by Global Visa Center World Hellas S.A, (6 Dragatsaniou Street, 10559 Athens, Greece), a company incorporated and registered in Greece under Greek Law.
Why do we process your data? Which data do we process?
General use of our website
in-gr.gvcworld.eu is mostly intended to provide general information about GVCW, an overview of its services and other general information that might be of interest to a potential visa applicant. According to EU Data Protection Law, when we process personal data, our legal status is that of a controller.
Accordingly, in principle we do not intend or wish to request or collect any data which can be understood as personal.
That being clarified, we may collect your personal data on the following occasions:
2. We may collect some personal data when you choose to contact us via an email or a contact form we may include as a feature on this website. In such case, we shall collect your name and email and any other personal data you decide to include in your message and thus share with us. We shall only process such data in order to receive, analyze and respond to your request.
Use of our online services
1. Book your appointment service
2. Online Visa Application service
By providing those services GVCW is an outsource partner of the Diplomatic Authorities of Greece in the Republic of India. Accordingly, GVCW may processes your personal data on behalf of those authorities for the purposes determined by a written agreement, i.e. the facilitation of visa application procedure. We shall not process your personal data we collect while we provide those services for any other purposes. According to EU Data Protection Law, when we process personal data under such capacity, our legal status is that of a processor.
Provision of both aforementioned services requires that you register with our website. Upon registration you are required to choose a unique username, a password and an answer to a security question. Such data may be considered personal data. We require that you consent to the collection and processing of such data in order to provide safe access to parts of the website dedicated to the provision of our online services.
While we provide our online services, we may also collect information considered as Personal Data. More specifically:
A. While you make use of our “Online Visa Application Service” you may provide us with information such as:
• First Name, Surname, Birth Surname, Place of Birth, Date of Birth, Country of Birth, Nationality, Gender, Marital Status
• Identity card and travel document types, dates of issue and expiry
• Address of residence and contact details (phone number and email)
• Occupation, Employer and/or School Name and address
• Travel Dates
• Previous visas
• Purposes of Journey and Destinations
• The manner by which you intend to cover your cost of travel
• In the same capacity we may require that you provide us with information concerning other people such as: Name and Address of Host or Family Member or Inviting Member residing in the EU, Name and address of Employers, Name and addresses of Legal Guardians
Some of this information may be considered personal data. However, we only require that you provide us with information also required when filling a formal visa application, as administered by the Diplomatic Authorities of Greece in the Republic of India. Visa Applicants are required by Law to provide such data in order for the application to be submitted and examined and we are thus legally obliged to collect such information. We only collect such data under this capacity to facilitate those purposes and shall not process such data for any other purposes.
B. While you make use of the “Book your appointment service” we may process information such as your surname, last name and chosen date and time slot of your appointment in order to be able to facilitate or provide the services you have required, mainly to schedule an appointment with a Visa Application Center (Henceforth referred to as VAC), situated in the Republic of India and for no other purpose
Use of information for Statistical or Research purposes
We may furthermore process data collected under the aforementioned occasions for research/statistical purposes in order for us to study and optimize the scope, methods and quality of our offered services. In such occasions, any information deemed to be personal data shall be anonymized prior to being processed.
How is your data processed, stored and kept secure?
Our website and servers have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access to personal data and against their accidental loss, destruction or damage. However, you should note that no data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure. So, when you transmit data to us we cannot guarantee the security of your information during this transmission.
Do we share your data with third parties?
We may only share your data with other entities in the following occasions:
1. We may disclose your personal information to our partner-entities if it is necessary for us to be able to respond to a request from you or if it is necessary to supply services that you have requested. We shall disclose such data only if our partners need to process personal information in provision of their services to us and we shall contractually require them to refrain from using, disclosing or processing your personal information for any other purposes. Please note that we only cooperate with partners who can warrant that they have sufficient processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, once they receive it.
2. We may disclose your data with third parties if we are required to do so by law, court order or governmental authority and only insofar as such disclosure in necessary for us to abide to our legal duties and obligations.
Where do we process your personal data?
We mostly process your personal data in servers located in Greece and/or other member states of the European Union and/or the European Economic Area. However, we may transfer some of your personal data outside of the EU/EEA, most notably in India were provision of many of GVCW's services takes place or other countries where our partners may reside. However, we shall only do so in order to be able to provide our services, meet our contractual obligations towards you or abide to your requests. In such cases, we shall take any reasonable steps necessary to ensure that such transfers shall only occur if the receiving party can guarantee a similar level of protection for your personal data, as the one set and required by applicable Law.
How long do we retain your data?
We will not retain your personal data for a longer period than what is necessary. Accordingly, we will permanently delete your personal data once they are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected or processed. However, we may retain them for a longer period in the following cases:
1. If we are required to do so by an obligation imposed to us by Law
2. If such personal data are essential in legal proceedings. For example, we may need such data to file, support a legal claim or defend against such a claim.
3. We may furthermore process data for research/statistical purposes. In such capacity we are able to study and optimize the scope, methods and quality of our offered services. However, in such occasions, your personal data will be processed in an anonymized form.
4. We may retain your personal data if so required by the Diplomatic Authorities of Greece in the Republic of India for a period as specified by Greek Law or the respective authorities for the purposes of providing assistance to the said authorities or visa applicants.
Are there any age restrictions when providing personal data?
We do not willingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If you are younger than 16, please make sure that you acquire your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. If we understand or suspect that you have provided such data to us without the aforementioned permission, we will immediately delete this data.
What are your rights in relation to your data?
1. At any moment you may request that we inform you whether we process any of your personal data. Our response will include information on which of your personal data we may be processing. We can provide you with a copy, if you so request. We shall not charge you for our aforementioned actions, unless you repeatedly exercise your right, in which case we shall charge you with a reasonable fee reflecting our administrative costs.
2. Should you understand that your personal data we keep are inaccurate, you may request that we rectify them, and we shall gladly abide to your request.
3. You may request that we delete all or any of your personal data we keep. However, we may lawfully deny to do so if such data are still necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or if processing is necessary for us in order to:
a. comply with a legal obligation
b. exercise our right to freedom of expression and/or information
c. establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
4. You may request to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and at your request we can also transmit those data to another entity understood as a data controller under EU Law.
5. You may object to our processing of some or all your personal data we keep if our processing is not based on your consent but on our legitimate business interests. In such case we shall no longer process your personal data unless:
a. we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or
b. we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
6. You may request and obtain restriction of processing where one of the following cases applies:
a. the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you. In such case, restriction will apply only for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data
b. our processing is unlawful, but you request restriction of processing instead of erasure of your data.
c. we no longer need your personal data but our keeping them is necessary for you to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims
d. you have exercised your right under sub-section 5 (right to object). In such case restriction will apply only for the period of time necessary until it is verified that our legitimate grounds override your proposed grounds.
In all the aforementioned cases, the contested personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject's consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
If you believe that use of za-gr.gvcworld.eu has violated or breached any of your rights and freedoms under applicable Greek or EU data protection law, you can always file a complaint at an incumbent European data protection authority. Since GVCW is a Greek entity, its lead supervising authority is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. You can learn more about how to reach HDPA and exercise your rights at their website (www.dpa.gr)
What about the links on our website?
How can you contact us?